About Us

My photo
We are the Mabudachi trio. We are three nerds who are dedicated and obsessed with learning and teaching everything there is to know about anime, manga, games, technology, and everything else nerdy. We call ourselves the mabudachi trio based on a manga called fruit basket. The three of us shall go by; Ayame (the snake), Hatori (the dragon) and and Shigure (the dog) We would love you to read our blogs to educate yourself on nerd news and to be entertained in a way that no one but nerds can offer.

Monday, October 4

Hiya

OOPS

It's 9:30 and I only just realised that I hadn't posted yet today, despite having the page open for the last... 5 or so hours? I've been working all day, for the record, trying to copy a bunch of movies from one portable hard drive to the other, without doubling up (they both had over 400 movies to begin with)

Anyway, I couldn't think of anything useful to write about today, so I decided I am going to explain how I got into pokemon (which lead to most other anime/manga related obsessions)
The first time I ever saw a pokemon I was probably 4 or 5 in a park and happened to stumble upon a lost pokemon card (it was kabutops, in case you're wondering)
Confused, I asked my older brother about it as I believed whole-heartedly that he knew everything. Luckily for me, this time, he did.
He had apparently been introduced to pokemon before, and explained everything to me, and well, I thought it was pretty cool, but forgot about it soon after.
Then my brother got a gameboy colour (oh yeah) and one of the games he got was pokemon gold, and I started to take more notice of it (I worshipped my brother)
When we would go over to friends houses, he would play it with anyone who had a game as well, and I payed careful attention every time. Once my friend let me play yellow, it is to this day my favourite pokemon game.
A year or so later, I was stoked to unwrap a jetblack gameboy advance for my sixth birthday, followed by pokemon crystal, the first version where you could play as a girl.
So that may help to explain why I am the "intelligent" one when it comes to pokemon, I have been loyally studying it since before I owned a console to play it on.
And my obsession continued to grow, even after my brother stopped playing, and constantly told me how weird I was to keep playing, because my brother believes that the first 2 generations are the only ones that should count.
I now have a decent collection of pokemon games, both actual games and some on emulators, and I know more about pokemon than most people I know.

So yeah, that be my pokemon story
Ciao,
Shigure

No comments:

Post a Comment